Create a safe space
The talking circle is a unique way to bring people together to encourage communication and create a cohesive team. The circle is a safe, non-judgmental space that allows each individual to be seen while also having the opportunity to be heard.
The circle can consist of anywhere between 5 to 20 people. This powerful activity provides a team with the opportunity to debrief and process emotions following any of Allan’s presentations.
The circle also has the ability to strengthen connections and unite a workplace or community. Through sharing, participants quickly realize that other members of the circle experience similar thoughts, challenges, and fears.
- Provide each participant with the opportunity to be seen, heard, and supported
- Strengthen relationships within a team environment
- Create the opportunity for active listening and reflection
- Retain teachings and build upon them for a long-lasting impact
“I fear speaking in front of people more than anything else, but today I saw the importance of talking about my issues. Thank you Allan for showing me that. I was moved by what was shared in the circle and will never forget this experience.”
– Marc Robert, Saskatchewan Turfgrass Association
“Every single day try to validate the work of someone around you. A person who feels validated will always do more than is expected of them.”
– Allan Kehler